Fresno Charlie Waters
Follow us on Facebook for current events and updates.
Post Meeting 3rd Tuesday every month
1900 Executive Meeting
1930 Business Meeting
Meetings have resumed, next scheduled meeting is:
Date: Tuesday October 17, 2023 at 7pm
Location: 4944 E Clinton Way, Suite 107, Fresno CA 93727
Please take care of yourselves and remain vigilant. If you are high risk or are not feeling well, please stay home.
We also have a virtual meeting alternative for those not able to attend in person and have published out to the members on our roster.
Interested in becoming a member or have a question, please fill out the form below.
- American Legion Veteran Member -
If you have served federal active duty for at least one day, in the United States Armed Forces since December 7, 1941,
and have been honorably discharged or are still serving - you are eligible for membership in The American Legion!
*Because eligibility dates remain open, all active duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time,
until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
**U.S. Merchant Marine eligible only from December 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946 (WWII).
- American Legion Auxiliary Member -
Membership in The American Legion Auxiliary shall be limited to the:
(1) grandmothers, mothers, sisters, spouses, and direct and adopted female descendants of members of The American Legion; and
(2) grandmothers, mothers, sisters, spouses, and direct and adopted female descendants of all men and women who served in either of the following periods: April 6, 1917, to November 11, 1918 and any time after December 7, 1941 who, being a citizen of the United States at the time of their entry therein served on active duty in the Armed Forces of any of the governments associated with the United States during either eligibility periods and died in the line of duty or after honorable discharge;
(3) grandmothers, mothers, sisters, spouses, and direct and adopted female descendants of all men and women who were in the Armed Forces of the United States during either of the following periods: April 6, 1917, to November 11, 1918; and any time after December 7, 1941 who served on active duty in the Armed Forces of the United States during either eligibility periods and died in the line of duty or after honorable discharge; and
(4) to those women who of their own right are eligible for membership in The American Legion.*
* A woman who is eligible for American Legion membership is eligible to join the American Legion Auxiliary regardless of whether or not she is a member of The American Legion. However, eligibility of her female relatives (sister, mother, direct descendants) and/or spouse depends upon her membership in The American Legion. Female veterans are qualified for first year auxiliary membership at no cost to veteran.
- American Legion Sons of the American Legion Member -
All male descendants, adopted sons and stepsons of members of The American Legion, and such male descendants of veterans who died in service during World War I or since December 7, 1941, during the delimiting periods set forth in Article IV, Section 1, of the National Constitution of The American Legion or who died subsequent to their honorable discharge from such service, shall be eligible for membership in the Sons of The American Legion. There shall be no form or class of membership except an active membership. Male Veterans are qualified to be a SALS member.